Search This Blog

Sunday, July 31, 2005

Natal Day Long Weekend arrives


With the August long weekend comes the Natal Day celebration, where Halifax celebrates its origins as one of Canada's earliest seaport. The Maritimes never developped as quickly as Eastern Canada, so Halifax has not lost it's charm as a green, beautiful harbour town.

This year signals the 50th aniversary of the MacDonald Bridge, so the fireworks tonight were spectacular! - Launched right off the bridge itself.

I'm glad I was able to see them, seeing as I'll be working the rest of the weekend and I'll miss Sundays and Mondays fireworks. :o(
Hopefully I'll be able to catch tomorrow's parade...

Check out the guy beside me trying to capture the fireworks on his cell camera... as much as I like toys, there are just some things you have to admit just can't do well...

No comments: